Kids Que Registration Form|
The Young Kids Que will be for kids ages 6 yrs. to 12 yrs old.
The Older Kids Que will be for kids ages 13 yrs to 17 yrs old.
Name of Team: ____________________________________________
Contact Name: _____________________________________________
City, State, Zip: ____________________________________________
Kids Que Category : (Hamburgers)
Registration Fee: $25
Make checks payable to Slidell BBQ Challenge.
Due by March 16, 2013.
Spaces will be reserved when payment is received.
Check in time between 8 a.m. and 10 a.m. on March 30th.
Turn in and judging will begin at 1:30 p.m.
We look forward to your participation in our contest and will strive to accommodate your needs. Please let us know if you have any special needs.
Any questions: Contact Julie Kronlage @ email@example.com
Kids Que Rules & Regulations
- Each participating team will receive one numbered Styrofoam judging container.
- Team participants must be between the ages of 6 yrs. to 12 yrs. old for the young kids & 13 to 17 for the older kids.
- A parent or guardian must be present on site at all times (from set up to tear down for each participating team). Any team not under adult supervision will be disqualified.
- Teams will use their own grill.
- Each team will be cooking hamburgers only.
- Each team will be assigned a cooking area with tables and we request you keep all your equipment within this area.
- A mandatory Cooks Meeting will be held at 10:00 a.m.; all teams must be present.
- Teams will be provided with 1.5 lbs. of hamburger meat, buns, lettuce, and tomatoes.
- All other seasonings and condiments will be provided by the teams.
- Team participants must do all preparations, seasoning and cooking of their entry.
- Adults may only help with the lighting or assistance with hot BBQ pits, and using a knife to cut the tomatoes. Adult participation outside of these boundaries will cause the team to be disqualified.
- Teams must hold the entries at a temperature of 140 degrees or higher until turn in.
- The official turn in time will be 1:30 p.m., with a ten minute (5 minutes before 1:30 to 5 minutes after 1:30) window. No late entries will be accepted.
- Each team must turn in no less than 6 individual hamburgers in the numbered container.
- The judging for this event will be "Double Blind" to ensure the integrity of the event.
- Judging will be based on appearance, tenderness/texture and taste. Certificates will be presented from 2nd through 10th places. Only one Grand Champion will be named.
- Each team is responsible for the clean up of their assigned cooking area. Trash and hot ash disposal containers will be placed within the Kids Que area.
- Failure to follow any of these rules will be cause for disqualification of the team.
Printable version of this page